James Z. Said DC ND
Doctor of Chiropractic
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Said’s Background and Experience
James Z. Said DC ND
Born and raised in Carmel, California and the Monterey Peninsula.
Married to Ronda LeClaire Said. (Between us, we have five grown children).
- The York School (a College Prep School), Monterey, California. Graduated in 1966 as Valedictorian and received the Emod L. Brunner Award for General Excellence, and the Math and Science Awards.
- Stanford University, Stanford, California. Graduated in 1970 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and Product Design. Assisted with research in bioengineering.
- Western States College of Chiropractic, Portland, Oregon. Graduated in 1977, summa cum laude and Valedictorian, as Doctor of Chiropractic. Taught neurology and radiographic anatomy, and assisted teaching gross anatomy, dissection, and chemistry.
- National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland, Oregon. Graduated in 1977 as Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine.
Research and Professional Experience
Stanford University (1969-1970) Research assistant in first prototype of robotic simulation of the human knee joint.
Skia Corporation, Saratoga, California (1972-1974) Diagnostic Imaging R&D. Manager of the Opto-mechanical Division, Project Manager of the Depth Perception (3D) X-ray System, R&D in fiber-optic and radiographic technologies.
Active practice as a Chiropractic and Naturopathic Physician (1977 to Present). Full Family Practice in Oregon (Portland, Grants Pass, Ashland, Medford), California (Petaluma), and Idaho (Orofino). Broad-scoped general and family practice based upon natural health care principles, procedures and protocols. Management and treatment of all conditions and all age groups. Currently in full-time practice between Medford, Oregon and Orofino, Idaho.
Range of practice has included obstetrics, gynecology, proctology, minor surgery, diet and nutrition, botanical medicine, detoxification and metabolic balancing, neuro-endocrinology, physical and lab diagnosis, orthopedics, sports medicine, physical medicine, physical and physiotherapy, numerous manual manipulative and adjusting techniques, biomechanical evaluative technologies, cranio-maxillo-facial and TMJ therapies, deep tissue bodywork, movement therapies, exercise rehabilitation, water therapies, personal and relationship facilitation, communication skill training, and ImpulseWork.
Lecturing, teaching, research, and writing have encompassed a wide range of health care issues and natural health care delivery systems, protocols and procedures. These have included such topics as:
- In-depth studies of anatomy, physiology and pathology to understand the body as an integrated whole.
- Philosophy of healing and the development of natural health care systems.
- Bodywork of many kinds, including manual manipulative techniques of the head, trunk and extremities, deep tissue techniques, cranio-maxillo-facial and TMJ therapies, treatment of scoliosis and biomechanical evaluation of full body structure, and structural rehabilitation techniques.
- Metabolic evaluation and treatment protocols including diet, nutrition, botanical medicine, detoxification, and metabolic and neuro-endocrine evaluative systems using various laboratory diagnostic technologies.
- Radiographic evaluation of upper cervical, full spine and pelvic biomechanics affecting full body structure and central nervous system function, with emphasis on understanding functional scoliosis and structural stress.
- ImpulseWork - a system of counseling and facilitation developed over 15 years of research and study, allowing the client to renegotiate fundamental belief structures and adaptive strategies and form appropriate and mature relational capacities.
- Skills of effective communication whereby individuals, couples, and families can create healthy and fulfilling relationships.
Foreign Languages Studied: German and Latin.
Musical Instruments Studied: Piano, Violin, Guitar, and Dumbek.
Sports and Hobbies: Snow skiing, Cycling (mountain and road), Hiking, Canoeing, Rowing, SCUBA Diving, Snorkeling, and Fitness Training.